Saturday 2 August 2014

Wonderful World

Stood on the hillside opposite my house  early this morning, the sun was rising to my left. I felt touched by it, in all of Its glory.

Not only did I also feel touched by the beauty of the countryside around me but also the moon on the opposite of the hills dipping away to be greeted by fellow man on the other side of the world. Looking like a fading silver milk bottle top as the power of the sun gained momentum;  the moon bid me farewell.

How different was my life  now. Having decided that city life was not for me,  my wife and I had decided that we enjoy the freedom of open space and the feeling of not being part of the rat race. Perhaps this has always been the case.

After signing my life away to the RAF at the tender age of 19, I had already decided then that freedom is what I sought. In the distance I could see the small city of Lichfield with its staggering cathedral, a building that belies the size of the city itself, my mind wandered. Lichfield sits right next to the A38 which leads to Birmingham, the M6 and beyond. What sort of morning were others having. Was the world such a beautiful place to them at the same at that I was enjoying the peace and harmony that pervaded my inner sanctum.

You see, until you have truly felt at peace with yourself, those around you and the world at large, you can never really accept what goes on around you. Many have lifelong battles with illness, abuse (whatever form it may take) and the many other physical emotions we have to endure during our life’s journey. Many feel powerless, many feel controlled by others and unable to move forward or do not  know how to move forward and change their lives for the better.

One such lady contacted me for a reading earlier this year, she told me she was psychic and foresaw her husband’s death. 'Could I tell her when he will die', she asked? I told her I do not portend deaths as part of my work.

Suddenly I said to her, ‘you sound like you are under the stairs, could you speak up please’? She replied, ‘I am under the stairs, I do not want my husband to hear me for he will beat me again if he knows  I am seeking help’. ''Move on, move out', I said. I then reminded her that I could not tell her how to live her life but anything has got to be better than waiting for him to pass away and for her to suffer even more in the meantime.

How many of us will still be bemoaning our situation one year from now?

Often when I read for clients, I think that they sometimes think I have a magic wand, a device I can wave about and make problems go away. What if I did? What if I could fix things in a jiffy?

The movie ‘Click’ is built around that ideology, a remote control that allows us to fast forward through the bad bits of our lives just to the good bits. What are we learning though?  You have heard it said, we are on a journey, we are here to learn but then take these lessons back to spirit. How many of us might find ourselves back here in a few years to relearn what we did not make manifest the 1st/2nd/3rd time around.

I do say to clients who are looking for guidance that they hold the answers in the palm of their hand. Many  know what the answer is but (like the lady under the stairs) are too afraid to find out what it might be like to experience that new found sense of freedom and personal power. Fear of the unknown is what holds us back.

I might be making myself redundant here but sometimes, all it takes is for you to truly understand the power that you hold and follow your heart. Your heart is your souls’ way of talking to you and telling you which way to go but the physical brain is what stops us. Listen to your heart, follow your heart and you will not go wrong.

Let others judge you but what are they judging you by – their standards, perhaps? When you have arrived at your final destination or even just a resting place before the next leg of your journey; you too, might feel some of that inner peace that was intended for us all.

All you need to do is stop denying to yourself what you truly deserve. GO FOR IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment